KS3 Subject Winners & Pastoral Celebrating Evening
Thursday, September 24 2015
Well done to all our students who received awards at our recent celebrating evening.
KS4 Presentation Evening 2015
Alsager School’s class of 2015 celebrated their remarkable successes at GCSE on Thursday 12th November at St Mary’s Church. In addition to students receiving their exam certificates numerous awards were given out on the evening for students who had shown real endeavour throughout their time at Alsager; for students who had experienced great success in a particular subject or who had made fantastic progress in their GCSE subjects.
The class of 2015 were an exceptional year group and staff had difficult decisions to make in nominating students for special awards. Over a quarter of the entire cohort achieved 5 or more A*/A grades, this was a staggering level of achievement, which is a school record. The students maintained the school’s recent history of achieving a high pass rate in 5 or more A*-C grades in GCSEs (including English and Maths), with 72% of the year group achieving this. It was lovely to be able to celebrate these successes with students, parents and staff.
The guest speaker for the event was Clive Lewis OBE, who spends much time helping and supporting young males from disadvantaged backgrounds. He is an inspirational figure and a fantastic role model for our young people.
The following students were the subject award and special award winners:
- English – Will Hall
- Mathematics – Callum Astley
- Modern Foreign Languages – Emily Statham
- Science – Bruce Lewis
- Business Studies – Max Knight
- Information and Communications Technology – Chloe Jones
- Physical Education – Phoebe Stevenson
- Geography – Molly Vokes
- History – Fionn McKinney
- Religious Education – Kris Morgan
- Art – Hannah Ford
- Drama – Jack Simcock
- Music – Josh Farrington
- Food Technology – Alice Woodward
- Textiles – Kayleigh Empson
- Resistant Materials – Rhys Nicholls
- Graphic Products – Alisha Gilmour
- Engineering – Tom Douglas-Barnes
- Child Development – Ellie Shea
- Vocational Studies – Josh Dixon
- Progress Award – Edward Woodward
- Governors’ Award – Diza Bailey
- The Katy Wright Mathematics Award – Michelle Fung