Happy new year everyone. I hope you have all managed to have a well deserved rest and are feeling refreshed.
We’ve put together some information for you that will hopefully answer any questions you have about how you will be taught this week and moving forwards.
At the moment this is the plan and we will update you if there are any changes.
We will also be in touch at a later date about the Covid 19 testing we will be running from school.
Tuesday 5th January – Friday 8th January: All students will be taught via Teams lessons
Monday 11th January – Friday 15th January: Y11 and 13 return to school for face-to-face lessons all other year groups continue with remote learning
Monday 18th onwards: All students return to school for face-to-face lessons
Exams that are scheduled for January will go ahead as planned here at school.
Most of you have experienced remote learning at some point since September. You have been brilliant and have we have been impressed with the way you have fully engaged with this type of learning.
Please do remember that school is not closed. Your teachers have been working extremely hard over Christmas to adjust their plans to ensure the lessons you receive are as engaging and as close to ‘normal’ as they can be. We are simply learning in a different way.
- Follow your normal timetable of lessons (Working to the times we use in school at the moment with the short break in between each lesson not what is in your organiser)
- Teachers will send all lesson resources to you before 8.30am on the day of your lesson with them.
- Live lessons using Microsoft Teams will be the main way you will be taught. Occasionally due to staff unavailability this may not be possible but you will be told this in the communication you receive at the beginning of the day about that lesson.
- Live lessons will be recorded. This will allow those of you who are not able to access the lesson as it happens due to sharing a computer with a sibling for example to access the full lesson at a later point. (See below for more details)
- Teachers will be available on Teams for support you during your lesson. Please try to ask questions about learning in this lesson during these times. It will be difficult for teachers to support you with learning outside of these times as they will be teaching their other lessons.
- Where you cannot access live lessons please use the recordings on your Teams class page to complete the learning. You will be expected to complete your work, submit work etc. as you would when we are in school.
- You will have form time at your normal time on Teams. Use this as an opportunity to get support from your form tutor if you need it.
Attached below are ‘how to guides’ for reminders for those who need it and a revised code of conduct that you and your parents/carers must read and adhere to.
Please do contact the school if you need any support
Mr R Pearce
Teams Guide for Students
Remote learning code of conduct Jan 2021