- keeping children off school without a good reason
- truancy from a whole session
- absences which have never been properly explained
- children who arrive at school too late to get a mark
- taking unauthorised holidays
- Registers – Our school day has two legal sessions. Period 1 also counts as AM registration and afternoon form time counts as PM registration. As part of our commitment to safeguarding and our whole school ‘Behaviour for Learning‘ system, the register is taken every lesson by every teacher. Any pupils who are missing from a lesson who have been present in previous lessons are identified by the class teacher and a message is sent to our Attendance Officer to investigate.
- Punctuality – Period 1 which is also our legal registration starts at 8.40am.All pupils should be at their classroom ready to learn at this time. Pupils who arrive after this time will be recorded as late and will be issued with a same day break time detention.The Attendance Officer will determine whether the lateness is authorised.
- Holidays – Unless there are exceptional circumstances holiday requests will not be approved or authorised. If you choose to take an unauthorised holiday you may be issued by the Local Authority with a Fixed Penalty Notice. Please see our Attendance Policy for more information.
Our school attendance for 2015 – 2016 has increased to 96.4%
Attendance at Alsager School is steadily on the increase year on year.
It is our objective to ensure that our students are successful and a key element of this is good attendance.
Parents are kept regularly informed of their children’s attendance via termly reports sent home. At Alsager we celebrate and reward our students attendance in a number of ways, including awarding golden lapel stars for 100% attendance termly as well as for the whole school year, the Golden Ticket half termly prize draw and celebrating students who have the top BFL grades with no absence on a four weekly basis.
An attendance figure of 90% means a student will have missed 4 weeks of lessons.