At Alsager School we understand the importance of promoting well-being amongst our school community. Our Spirit values help promote depth of character and support you in becoming beacons of society. Last term our heads of college met with many of our students to discuss ‘kindness’. As part of our development of well-being across the school in 2019 we will be promoting different elements of well-being and our Spirit values throughout the year. Welcome to our first month of 2019: Kinduary. Kindness matters because it makes you happy, it makes you part of a community and it sparks hope. Below are some of the questions that are discussed at our kindness workshops:
- What does the word “kind” mean to you?
- Describe a time when someone has been kind to you. How did it make you feel?
- Describe a time when you showed an act of kindness. How did it make you feel?
- How can you show kindness at home?
- How can you show kindness outside of school?
It would be lovely to hear about any acts of kindness that you see or are involved in.